5ive Oaks pepper jelly fajitas. Delicious veggies and steak fajitas sautéed in hot pepper jelly, sizzled to perfection, wrapped in soft tortilla and paired with your favorite Mexican sides. 5ive Oaks fajitas will have your mouth watering for more with every bite.
- 1 lb. Skirt steak
- 3 tbsp. 5ive Oaks Pepper Jelly
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 medium Orange bell pepper
- 1 medium Green bell pepper
- 1 medium Red bell pepper
- 1 small Onion
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- Seasoning Preparation
- In small bowl mix chili powder, salt, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and cumin until blended
- Vegetable Preparation
- De-seed and cut bell pepper into slices, slice tomato into wedges and slice onion into chunks. Place all vegetables into large Ziploc bag.
- Meat Preparation
- Slice meat into long ~1” wide pieces. Place slices into large Ziploc bag.
- Taking vegetables in Ziploc bag, mix in half of seasoning blend. Toss vegetables until evenly covered. Taking seasoned vegetables, in large skillet, cook on stove top low-medium heat.
- While vegetables sauté, take sliced steak in Ziploc bag, mix in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and remaining half of seasoning mix. Toss steak in bag until mix evenly covers steak. In separate skillet cook steak medium heat ~5 min either side or desired temperature.
- After steak is cooked, add meat to vegetable mix in large skillet. Add 3 table spoons pepper jelly into mix and allow to simmer 7-10 min low-medium heat.
- Serve final fajita blend with soft tortilla wraps, cheese, and any of your favorite Mexican side dishes.